Sunday 10 July 2011

Cross Stitch Pattern Share

Just a quick post to say Thank you to Kate from Kate's Arty Bits Blog.

Kate shared a sneak peak of a lovely garden embroidery she was part way through. I loved the pattern so much I asked her what make it was so I could hunt one down and have a go myself. Very kindly, Kate has posted me her finished pattern and the unused threads from the kit. How lovely. It feels a little like my birthday to receive a treat in the post.


I have a couple of projects on the go at the moment, and as I have shared I have a problem with UFOs, so I am forcing myself to finish these before I start anything new.

This has got me thinking, does anyone know of an embroidery pattern library? I generally only want to complete an embroidery patter once, unlike knitting and crochet patterns where its fairly usual to complete them a few times. This must mean there are patterns lurking in homes around the world unused and unloved. Maybe there is an opportunity to have pattern share scheme?

A central repository where once loved patterns can live and be loaned out to keen embroiderers to complete and then return.

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
I really do appreciate every comment so would be grateful if you let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Becca x