Thursday 25 April 2013

#imapiece London Installation

I've blogged a few times about the #imapiece work being championed by the Craftivist Collective for Save The Children, read about them here and here.

An amazing 700 pieces have now been submitted, they were displayed today in Craft Central, London and I got to visit this evening after work, even the sun came out to celebrate the event.

It was inspirational to see and the messages were moving, I really stopped to think with a few of them

You can't walk a mile in their shoes...they have none

Live simply so the others can simply live

Crafters came out in force to support the event and after enlisting the help of crafters and Save the Children reps I managed to locate my piece here...


If you haven't had the opportunity to see all the handmade #imapiece jigsaw pieces together then there is still time, the installation will be continuing its tour so check out the Craftivist Collective site for more information.

And if you haven't made a piece yet, do it!

The work culminates in the G8 summit on hunger in June, Save the Children are holding an event in Hyde Park on 8th June where we can all show our support. For more info click here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
I really do appreciate every comment so would be grateful if you let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Becca x