Sunday 7 April 2013

The Not-So-Secret Diary of Becca Lou Aged 34 1/2

I remember starting a journal when I was about 13. I don't know if this was in response to reading The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4, being a teenager or the fact my friends were doing it, but it seemed a good idea at the time. I guess most teens go through this

I have to admit that after struggling on and off for many years I gave up on the idea. I wasn't dedicated enough to write regularly, I really didn't see the point if no one was ever going to read it, and I simply didn't think my life was interesting enough to need documenting. I grew up and gave up. It was definitely the right decision for me.

But I've made a slight de-tour to this decision recently.

I stumbled upon Christie over at Grace Is Overrated. She has drawn a set of 50 journal template pages, they are full of fun pictures, thought provoking tasks and inspiring quotes.

I was most definitely interested

- This is journaling but not as we know it -

The pages offer escapism and day dreaming, not a detailed account of the days calorie intake and water cooler conversations. They are bliss to complete.

I've printed and bound the pages and keep it next to my bed for evenings when I need to wind down before sleep.

I've rediscovered colouring, it really shouldn't be saved for the young, it allows my hands to be occupied so my brain can wonder and its incredibly relaxing and it feels like I'm achieving something at the same time - win:win. And the pages are becoming a treasure trove of bright colours and thought

The little tasks are so simple but so incredibly clever "5 people who make you smile", but my relaxed mind then takes this further....am I really spending enough time with these people? What about those I didn't put down, what is the reason? Do I need to think about those relationships? ...

 

I really don't want to be too deep here but wanted to share the gem over on Christie's blog.

 

I may not be about to become the new Adrian Mole but I'm certainly enjoying ending my day colouring and journaling once or twice a week

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
I really do appreciate every comment so would be grateful if you let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Becca x